Ceramic Studio In A Box Ltd founded in September 2007
A little of Our History here at Ceramic Studio In A Box Ltd
Owners Rachel Byass and Julian Beavan between them have over 46 year experience in the Ceramic industry. Julian and Rachel had worked together for many year testing and formulating Underglazes for the Ceramic industry for other Ceramic distributorships.
Rachel wanted to set up a new business and have a Training Centre for Ceramics and Pottery.
Rachel is passionate about teaching and happy to pass on all her knowledge in Art and Ceramics. She has 8 Ceramic Qualifications and has been teaching Ceramics worldwide for 30 years. She has published books and article on ceramics for many years and sells Pattern Packs on both Fired Art Designs and Ceramic Studio in a Box websites.
Rachel also teaches Art and Decorative “One Stroke” painting to an advanced level.
Clay is one of her favourites. She throws on the wheel and uses the Extruder and Slab Roller to make Pots for her Shop as well as manufacturing for the Studio. We hold courses on a “One to One” basis in the main, but do have Group Courses also which are held either at her beautiful Studio in Pontefract, West Yorkshire or the classroom in Croydon. Training is also available at your own location anywhere in the world.
Julian and Rachel teamed up taking on the distributer ship for Tucker Cone Art Kilns and Kemper Tools to name but a few. They also designed and had made lots of different Ceramic Tools, Sponges and general “Gadgets” that Rachel feels are needed in Ceramics to make it fun for the non-artist.
Every year new ideas come to fruition adding new colours as well as equipment. As Rachel runs a 30 seater Studio herself she feel she know what customers want.
Julian had a large warehouse where he and his team manufactures all types of colour for the Ceramic and Art industry meeting all CE and Health and Safety standards in the UK as well as overseas.
- 28 Creative Colours – very vibrant One Stroke Underglazes ideal for children’s Hand and Foot Prints and general painting in a studio, formulated by Rachel and a qualified UK Ceramic Chemist used by household names for their own glazes.
- 55 Studio Strokes underglaze colours for use in Studios for over 16 years, sold into Franchises and Studios worldwide as well as Schools and Colleges. Inexpensive and easy to use.
- New this year 16 underglaze colours designed to go onto wet Clay as this has become so popular.
- 12 China paints for application directly onto glazed China.
- 82 Artist Acrylics used worldwide for over 32 years. Used by many famous artists and these are the very best of Acrylics.
- 12 Acrylic Inks for general use in Art.
- 12 Fabric Paints sold worldwide and very popular in the Ceramic Cafés. High quality of colour and go a long way.
- 25 Silk Paints for Silk painting to be launched in early 2014.
- 3 types of Dipping Glaze.
- One Brush-on Glaze.
No other company manufactures their own paints in UK, making us a very Eco-Friendly company.
Together Rachel, Julian and the Team Ken, Gill and Joanne offer a friendly and personal service.
Training is offered at reasonable rates and Leasing and Packages with everything you need are available with 24/7 Support Free with every Package over £3,000.
For more details give Rachel a call on 07970793729 or email email@example.com